Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Antique Desk

  After weeks and weeks of searching for this piece that I wanted sooo bad and almost paid $200 for it (money I do not have) I decided to give DI another chance. I walked in and heard someone talking about a desk. I quickly walked over trying to keep my calm to find a lady looking at the desk. I calmly told her no rush but that if she decides she doesn't want it to let me know. After a few minutes she told me I could have it so I took it and ran. Just kidding! I once again, tried acting very calm and took the tag up to the register and bought it. I was so excited! It needed a lot of work but I was happy to take on the job!

 Before
Notice the plastic shelf the previous owner glued on! It was a mess. Glue EVERYWHERE! First I had to pry the plastic shelf off of the wooden slabs and then unscrew the slabs from the desk. In order to get the wood slabs off with all the glue I had to shove a flat head screwdriver under them and pry them off. When it was all done it took a TON of goo gone, a metal scraper and a LOT of sanding to get the gobs and gobs off! However...it was fun for me! 
 After
I got these knobs from Hobby Lobby! $1.50 a piece I believe :) 
The end result! It's a perfect computer desk for what I needed and I love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment