Thursday, October 4, 2012

Old Screen Door

I was up in Delta with my in-laws when my mother in law found this old screen door for me! I was so excited and couldn't wait to get started. Everyone else thought I was crazy but do you think I cared?! NOOOO! I was so excited. A few MONTHS later, after shoving it in the budget truck to pack it across the country from Utah to Florida, I was finally able to get it finished. The "before" door didn't have a ton of cuteness so I did have to modernize-antique it, unlike my last naturally gorgeous door here!  This screen door was really dirty and rough so I power washed it (or Doud did for me), smoothed it by sanding it to death and then....- I painted, sanded it to bring out some of the white paint that was underneath, antiqued, stained, glossed and finished! Viola!

 Before
 All the ugly hardware removed from the door!
 After

No comments:

Post a Comment